Attack of the kissing cat!
If you were to hang out in our condo there’s one thing we don’t have in the house… an alarm clock. The reason for this is we have a cat that has an amazing sense of when to wake us up. Typically it goes like this: head butt from cat at 3:13 AM. Snuggling at 4:37 AM. Finally she jumps on your back at 5:10 AM and just plants herself there.
But this morning was different. My husband tends to get up really early on the weekends at 5 o’clock. Goes to feed kitty, starts up a pot of coffee and goes to work on my blog and his history-psychology website. This morning he wanted to sleep in until eight. Cimarron our cat was having none of it!
She carefully times her jump just as he’s turning towards here and then heads straight to his left cheek. Once she’s in position she goes in for the face wash. This consists of licking his face until he can’t ignore her anymore. She’s relentless with it too.
He starts giggling because it tickles but Cimi didn’t care. On it went until he flipped over. She wasn’t impressed because she just jumped right over him and went right in kissing him on the chin, the cheek until she hit his nose which popped him up. OMG it was so cute! So this all ended when he got up, fed her and laid right next to him when he began working on his history stuff.
OK so this week we’re doing the Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Brookie. You got a cinnamon-chocolate brownie topped by an oatmeal raisin cookie. What this recipe is going to taste like is mellow chocolate flavor with a bite of cinnamon. It’s not overwhelming but definitely enough to get your attention. The top is your classic oatmeal raisin cookie but what happens is as you chomp down on the cookie and it mixes with the brownie you get a whole variety of flavors sitting on your taste buds.
Here’s the recipe card for you:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease square/round cup cupcake pan on all sides.
- Melt butter in small or medium saucepan.
- Remove butter from heat and pour butter into large mixing bowl. Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well mixed.
- Set batter aside.
- Soften butter in microwave for about 20 seconds or until super soft, but not melted completely.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Fill cupcake cups about ¼ full with brownie batter.
- Put cookie dough on top of brownie batter until cups are about ¾ full. You don’t want to fill cups to top because they may overflow when baked and that would be bad.
- Repeat until all cupcake cups are full and batters are used.
- Bake on 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until toothpick when inserted comes out clean and cookie dough is lightly browned.
- Once baked, let cool.
- Mix confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and milk together until smooth.
- Once brookies are cool, spread glaze.